Monday, August 2, 2010

Thinking Lite

The key to weight loss is burn more calories than you consume.


Simple enough. But surprisingly difficult to do. First you must consume healthy calories, ones that help your body work better, smarter and happier. Then you want to figure out a way to burn those calories that works with your lifestyle. On average, each Garden Lites contains only 140 calories. These calories are packed with vegetables, nutrients, muscle-building protein and other great benefits for you. And they aren’t hard to shed!


As I hang my clothes on my treadmill each day I think “Maybe tomorrow I’ll use you.” hoping one of these times I actually mean it. I’d like to think of my exercise approach as “Glass Half Full.” I’m optimistic that I’ll one day maybe try to exercise. Whereas others remain “Glass Half Empty” folks, coming to terms that they have a very expensive clothes rack. The point I’m trying to make is no matter which glass you are, you have other ways to lose weight every day that you don’t even need to think about.


Statistics:

-The average weight of a woman in the U.S. is about 160 pounds.

-If she consumes 3 meals a day (and 2 snacks), the average meal size should be 500 calories. (with a 2000 calorie diet)

-Garden Lites is a great meal replacer, at only 140 calories you’re already ahead of the game.


Now set aside 30 minutes in your day. Is that laughing I hear? Okay, maybe everyone doesn’t have the luxury to just set aside time for themselves. (And I don’t really count working up a sweat to be “me time” anyway) So let’s see what you would normally do in a day anyway…

  • 30 minutes walking around the supermarket burns 154 calories.
  • 30 minutes mowing the lawn with a power mower burns 173 calories.
  • 30 minutes playing with your kid burns 192 calories.
  • 30 minutes cleaning up around the house burns 134 calories.
  • 30 minutes gardening burns 173 calories.

Courtesy of Internet Fitness.


What is great about these numbers is… you already do them! So any additional exercise on top of them will only increase your burned calories. Walk around the neighborhood after dinner, do an extra loop around the mall, shoot hoops with your kid. No gym membership necessary, no workout equipment, no special outfits needed to begin. Changing one meal a day is a manageable way to start your healthier lifestyle.


Get real about what “working out” means for you and your lifestyle today!

No comments:

Post a Comment