Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Get Real Challenge: Day 2 - Julie

It's funny how your mindset can change once you feel like you're trying to challenge yourself. If you had asked me a week ago if I would pass up on a Chewy Chips Ahoy in exchange for my water with lime... I would have thought you were crazy. Turns out I'm the one who's crazy!

Yesterday we saw what this challenge means for Peg, so I thought I'd share what it means for me. For me, getting real is not a diet, it's a mentality. Thinking more is actually the biggest difference. In the past I wouldn't take a moment to think about the consequences of my eating actions (Will this still feel like a good choice in an hour? Will this make my body feel sluggish? Am I really hungry or just bored?), but now... I am a new woman!

Okay, it's only Day Two. Let's be honest. But here are my Mini-Milestones:
  • My desk is right near the kitchen. Everytime someone passes, they offer me some of whatever they made. I have said no every time today, where in the past I would have said yes to be polite.
  • Cookies were brought into the office, I am pretending they don't exist. If I get enticed to eat them, I will first read the nutrition facts and then ask myself if it's really a good choice. It might be yes, but at least it will be an informed yes.
  • I parked twice as far away in the office parking lot. It felt like no difference at all, but it is a small step I can take to take more steps.
That, and I had a Roasted Vegetable Souffle for dinner last night! I don't know whether it's in my head or not, but I felt better than I normally do after dinner. No gurgling tummy, no heavy stomach loaded with breads and cheeses. We could be onto something...

Target Weight Loss: 20lb
Next Mini-Goal: Get on my treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment