Thursday, July 29, 2010

Recipe Box: Roasted Vegetable Souffle

Since nothing is better than a quickly prepared dish of chicken with a side of vegetables, this week I am giving away my family's secret (and simple) chicken recipe.

Apricot Chicken

[Back story: This Apricot Chicken won me the heart of my long time boyfriend and brought back his faith in my culinary skills after an initial rough start. It's great for a night of summertime grilling and lite eating!]

Ingredients:
Italian Dressing
Apricot Preserves
Chicken (I prefer boneless skinless chicken breasts)
The night before, toss the chicken in a Ziploc bag along with a decent amount of Italian Dressing. Let it marinate overnight. (Or for an afternoon if you are in a pinch!)

Grill the chicken as normal and partway through, brush Apricot Preserves on both sides. To ensure the chicken is cooked thoroughly, reach an internal temperature of 170 degrees.


Right before serving, top with a little extra Apricot Preserves and you're good to go! The mixture of sour salad dressing and sweet preserves make for a mouth-watering combination, while your chicken stays moist and delicious.


Next time you're at a loss for what to feed your family, try my Apricot Chicken paired with a Roasted Vegetable Souffle for a side and you'll be sure to please!

Enjoy! (and let me know what you think!)



Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment