Monday, August 23, 2010

Weigh In #1: Old Me vs. New Me

No matter what the numbers show after the first week of the "Get Real" Challenge, I want to highlight all the great changes that have occurred in my daily life. I have a long ways to go, and a treadmill to still dust off, but by taking on one aspect at a time, I think I'm building better long term success.

This first week was spent becoming more aware of my food choices. Next week I will start incorporating more exercise.

Much like the old Highlights magazine characters Goofus and Gallant, I enjoy comparing my "before" mentality to my "after."

Old Me... would binge in the evenings on sweets and salty treats.
New Me... waits 30 minutes if a craving hits and then only has a morsel.

Old Me... would drive around a parking lot twice to find the closest spot possible.
New Me... designates a far away spot as my "reserved" parking.

Old Me... went shopping based on routine and pretty packaging.
New Me... takes the time to read nutrition labels before purchasing products.

Old Me... would go camping and bring chips and cookies for food.
New Me... packs veggie sticks, apples and bananas as healthy snacks.

Old Me... would have to worry about what to cook for dinner.
New Me... doesn't stress since it's so easy to pop a Garden Lites into the microwave or oven.

Old Me... did dishes.
New Me... recycles my empty Garden Lites bowl.

So either way, loss or not, I have made great improvements!


Okay, enough stalling. Time to get the scale.


Drumroll please.............


4 pounds lost!

Awesome! I can't wait to see how I do once I start incorporating the next step in the challenge - moving more!



Hope you guys are just as excited with your first week results, feel free to share your losses here or on our Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment