Monday, August 30, 2010

Weigh In #2: Keeping Hope Alive

Well, here we are again. Another week gone by, and now it's time for me to announce my progress to the Garden Lites community. No pressure, right? Let me start by saying it helps to know I'm not alone in this. I am hearing from readers who are taking part in whatever ways they can, my colleague Peg and I share encouraging words throughout the week, and even my mother has hopped aboard the "Get Real" Challenge! To all of you, thanks for the support and keep up the good work!

I made progress this week by starting to workout every other morning. It's been tough to change my routine, but on days I jog in the morning I feel much better throughout the whole day. The biggest challenge was combating the extra hunger I got after working out. That was my downfall. When you work out your body craves more calories and it's a challenge to make those healthy calories. I am trying to break the cycle of rewarding myself with food. I've looked up lots of articles on how to reward yourself without Peanut Butter M&Ms but so far I am unconvinced. Hehe.

I heard through the grapevine that Peg has done pretty well this week; once I get her official number in I'll post it! No matter the number, good job to her especially since she is on the road quite a bit and it takes a big commitment to follow the "get real" mentality especially when it's not the easiest route.

This week I only lost 1 pound. I blame my love of chocolate. Before I got too down on myself for not having as dramatic results as last week I took a moment to think about it. One pound is an achievement! That means I've lost a total of 5 pounds in only 2 weeks. Looking at it that way I was pretty proud of myself. It's hard for me to see where the weight is coming from, but I can definitely feel what it's done for me. The healthier lifestyle I've taken on (even with my moments of weakness) has really improved my digestion. With all the vegetables I'm eating now, and the smaller portions of meals, I am not lethargic after meals, I don't get bloated and gassy, I feel full but still light after a meal instead of weighted down.

So onward and downward (in weight) for this coming week! With that 1 pound under my belt (actually not anymore!) I am motivated that this week I will do better. I am keeping a realistic goal and just hoping for another 1 pound this week. Anything more would be great, anything less I'll chalk up to muscle mass gained. :)

Please fan us on Facebook and share your progress! Also, if you need help stocking your freezer, look for our COSTCO pack in the NY area [this post has all the locations]. The Grilled Zucchini Souffle is a delicious new flavor that's doing really well at COSTCO!

No comments:

Post a Comment