Monday, September 27, 2010

Week 6: Time to buy new pants?

It's been a while since my last update, but that doesn't mean I've stopped challenging myself!

Let me give a quick recap of how the first month (or so) has gone for me...

Week 1: Lost 4 lb - Added lots more water.
Week 2: Lost 1 lb - Started reading food labels.
Week 3: Lost 0 lb - Worked hard to maintain loss during Labor Day weekend.
Week 4: Lost 1 lb - Started yoga in mornings.
Week 5: Lost 0 lb - Family visited, leading to a food tour of NYC.
Week 6: Lost 2.8 lb - I'm back!!!

I am just shy of the 9 lb mark and I couldn't be more motivated. Even though I have had a few weeks with only small changes, it's the fact that I haven't GAINED anything back that I am holding onto.

This past week has been tricky. The passing of a family pet and week long celebration of my mother's birthday (Happy Birthday Mom!) would - in the past - cause me to over indulge in sweets and comfort food. But this week I focused on portion control, and didn't eat just to make myself feel better. I even treated myself to some great desserts along the way!

Now that the house guests have departed and life is returning to normal, I'll be sure to add back in the regular exercise and earlier dinner times that weren't there before. This way, if all goes well, those will become the new normal and it won't feel like making an extra effort. Dinner time alone has been a huge change. With opposite work schedules than my boyfriend, I'd find myself eating my dinner at 10 o'clock most nights. That's not good for my body no matter how healthy the food is! I've heard many people have 8 pm as a cutoff, so I will give that a try starting this week - stay tuned for the results!

So overal, 8.8 lbs is a great achievement and I can definitely notice the change! My clothes are fitting more loosely, I'm on my last belt hole, and I've gotten many compliments from friends! I highly recommend this challenge to those wanting to feel better inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment