Friday, December 17, 2010

Week ?? Weigh-In

Okay, so I've fallen off the Garden Lites Challenge horse. I thought "All right! I hit a great weight, now I can go back to how I ate before to maintain." Nope!

Here are some things that have happened lately...

2 Christmas Parties.
  • Cookies, cookies, cookies.
  • A love of spiked hot chocolate.
  • Appetizers I lose count of.
I switched my 1 Garden Lites a day from my dinner meal replacement to my sometimes lunch.
  • Now I am not substituting a healthy alternative for a sometimes 1,000 calorie meal.
  • I went back to eating late dinners when my partner comes home.
  • Winter meals are not as forgiving as summer meals.

It's cold out.

  • I am a victim of the winter blues.
  • With it being dark by the time I get home, I don't get out to move around.
  • It's too easy of an excuse to blame the cold weather for anything.

So there is my sad list of excuses that are neither excusible nor acceptable. It is no wonder I gained back.... 3 1/2 pounds! Yikes!!!

As I am packing for the first of 3 back to back weekends of family holiday gatherings with sweets, big meals and laziness, I needed that wakeup call. No wonder everyone starts the new year with a diet. But maybe if a little health consciousness returned right about now it wouldn't be that big of a struggle to start the new year with a good rhythm already in place. Sometimes the situation is unavoidable, but it is possible to control what gets onto my plate and into my stomach.

As for the weather, there's nothing I can do to change the forecast, so I'll just have to work extra hard to keep myself motivated to move. That looming February 12th date of the 5K is helping push me to find some plan that works for me. Garden Lites will help with the rest!

Happy Holidays!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment